Drug inspector – With a boom in the Indian Pharmaceutical industry, the demand for drug inspectors has increased significantly. Candidates willing to pursue a career in pharmaceutical sciences often ask questions such as “How to become a drug inspector?” One of the prerequisites for becoming a drug inspector in India is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm). The answer to how to become a drug inspector begins with a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical sciences with at least 50% marks. Central and several state governments recruit eligible candidates for the post of drug inspector. Students searching for how to become a drug inspector must know that they will have to qualify a written test and undergo the interview process conducted by concerned authorities. To know how to become a drug inspector, requirements, job as a drug inspector, and other details here.
Who is a drug inspector?
As the name suggests, a drug inspector is one who inspects, that is checks and monitors the activities related to drugs. A drug inspector is responsible for monitoring the use, retail, and quality of drugs. With growth of the Indian pharmaceutical industry the demand for drug inspectors has also increased. Candidates must possess thorough knowledge of drugs and pharmaceutical sciences to work as a drug inspector. The post of a drug inspector is a highly respectable and in demand job.
How to become a drug inspector in India?
To become a drug inspector, candidates need to follow the following steps.
- Candidates must study science subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 12 and qualify with minimum 50% marks.
- Post completion of class 12, students must pursue a degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, or medicine from a recognized university. Check the list of B.Pharm entrance exams below.
- After completing the undergraduate degree, students are eligible to apply for the post of drug inspector. However, willing candidates can also pursue a Masters in Pharmacy (M.Pharm).
- Post completion of degree, candidates will have to apply for the entrance test conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and State Public Service Commissions (SPCSc)
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test, academic qualifications, and interview.
Entrance exams for Bachelors of Pharmacy
Check the list of entrance exams conducted for admission to B.Pharm course in India. B.Pharm is a prerequisite for becoming a drug inspector.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET)
- Maharashtra AAC Common Entrance Test (MAH AAC CET)
- Manipal Entrance Test (MET)
- GITAM Admission Test (GITAM GAT)
- Telangana State Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET)
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
Drug inspector vacancy 2021/ Govt and Private Jobs
Check out here drug inspector jobs here – https://www.naukri.com/drug-inspector-jobs
Pariksaguru.com also provides various notification in various Government Sector, based of qualification B.Tech Passed Jobs for Graduates. If you want to Join Defense like Indian Army Jobs, Police Jobs also we have Banking Jobs, SSC (Staff Selection Commission) Jobs Latest Updates, Railway Jobs Updates, Teacher Jobs updates and More…