CBSE Class 12th Sociology Sample Papers 2020 – All the Class 12th students can download sample papers of CBSE Class 12th Sociology 2020 here. Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) the exam has postponed. New dates may announced soon. Check more details below –
CLASS XII SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER 2019-20
TIME: 3HOURS Maximum Marks: 80
1. The question paper is divided into foursections.
2. There are 38 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
3. Section A includes question No. 1-20. These are objective type questions. As per the question, there can be either one or two answers only.
4. Section B includes question No.21-29. These are very short answer type questions carrying 2 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 30 words.
5. Section C includes question No. 30-35. They are short answer type questions carrying 4 marks each. Answer to each question shouldnot exceed 80 words.
6. Section D includes question No. 36-38. They are long answer type questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 200 words each. Question no 38is to be answered with the help of the passage given.
1. The term Demography is of Greek origin and is composed of two words demos meaning________ and graphien implying ___________.
2.According to Robert Malthus, population rises in ___________ progression whereas agricultural production grows in _______________ progression.
3.Correct the given incorrect statement.The National Family Planning Programme was renamed as the National Population Programme.
4.The changing age structure offers a demographic dividend for India. Identify from the following choices, therelevant age range thatallows for demographic dividend-a) 0-14b) 15-64c) 64-75d) 75 and above
5.A bill of exchange which allowed merchants to engage in long distance trade during pre-colonial period in India is called ___________.
6.The goods that people buy and use conveys their socio-economic status. _____________ is the term coined to refer to this relationship by Max Weber.
7.There is a controversy about the sale of kidneys by the poor to cater to rich patients who need kidney transplants. This refers to the negative social effects of the process of _______________.
8.______________lower the cost of farming because the government pays part of the price charged for inputs.
9.Correct the given statement. A nation is a peculiar sort of community that is easy to describe and easy to define.
10.“Privileged minorities such as extremely wealthy people are not usually referred to as minorities.” Is this statement true or false?
11.Sanskritisation has been criticised for which of the following reasons? a) It allows for positional change.b) It allows for structural change.c) It stops exclusion and discrimination.d) It accepts characteristics of Dalit culture.
12.In the 19thcentury, orthodox members of the Hindu community in Bengal formed an organisation called_____________ debating the issueof __________.
13.A system of democracy in which the members of a group or community participate collectively in decision making. This is called-a) dictatorshipb) monarchyc) representative democracyd) participatory democracy
14.___________carries the means to coerce whereas the essence of ____________is fairness.
15.Democratic values and institutions are purely western. Is this statement true or false?
16.___________can impose fines but cannot award a sentence.
17.The Land Ceiling Actproved to be toothless as some rich farmers actually divorced their wives but continued to live with them under _____________.
18.Farmer suicide is a matrix event. Which of the following options is not responsible for farmer suicide?a) educational expensesb) agriculture loansc) diversificationd) Marriage and dowry
19.A situation where people do not enjoy the work but continue to do it only in order to survive is called ____________.
20.Earlier architects and engineers had to be skilled draughtsmen but now computer does a lot of work for them. This phenomena is called _________________.
21. Identify the reasons for the rapid growth of metropolises.
22.What are the two sets of principles to understand the theoretical interpretation of caste?
23.What do you understand by the phrase Invisible Hand?ORWhat is marketisation?
24.Illustrate the correlation between disability and poverty. OR State the meaning of the term ‘Social’ in the phrase Social Inequality and Exclusion.
25.Examine how cultural diversity presents tough challenges.
26.How has English language impacted our society?
27.How can we say that rituals have secular dimensions as distinguished from secular goals?
28. b)Exemplify how sanskritisation is a gendered process.
29.What was the significance of 73rdAmendment? ORWhat was the argument given by Dr. Ambedkar against the institution of Panchayati Raj?
30. Tribalshave paid a disproportionate price for the development of the rest of the Indian Society. Identify the reasons. ORShow your understanding of the concept of role conflict using the case study of Khasi tribes.
31.What is social stratification? Explain itskey principles.
32.Elucidatethe Western and Indian meaning of secularism.OROutline theAssimilationist and Integrationist policiesof nation building. Give suitable examples for the same.
33.What facts can you compile to show the hypocrisy of colonial administration in the context of Tea plantations they made in India?
34.What examples can you find to show that Green Revolution strategies created regional inequalities?
35.“The more mechanised an industry gets, the fewer people are employed.” Justify the statement with suitable examples.
36.Infer the reasons for the emergence of Post-Fordism and the new international division of labour with suitable example.
37.In what ways has globalisation affected Print Media.ORWhat is the impact of liberalisation on Television as a form of mass media.
38. Sociologists, attempts to classify Dalit movements have led them to believe that they belong to all the types, namely reformative, redemptive, revolutionary. …the anti-caste movement which began in the 19th century under the inspiration of Jotiba Phule and was carried out in the 1920s by the non-Brahmin movements in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu and then developed under the leadership of Dr. Ambedkar had characteristics of all types. At its best it was revolutionary in terms of society and redemptive in terms of individuals. In partial context, the ‘post Ambedkar Dalit movement’ has had revolutionary practice. It has provided alternative ways of living, at some points limited and at some points radical and all-encompassing, ranging from changes in behaviour such as giving up eating beaf to religious conversion. It has focussed on changes in the entire society, from radical revolutionary goal of abolishing caste oppression and economic exploitation to the limited goals of providing scope for members of Scheduled Caste to achieve social mobility. But on the whole…this movement has been a reformist movement. It has mobilized along caste lines, but only made half hearted efforts to destroy caste; it has attempted and achieved some real though limited societal changeswith gains especially for the educated sections among Dalits, but it has failed to transform society sufficiently to raise the general mass from what is still among the most excruciating poverty in the world.
A) Define any two types of social movements.
B) Dalit movements belong to all types of social movements. Explain.
- Railway SECR Bilaspur Trade Apprentice Recruitment 2020Post Name: Railway SECR Bilaspur Trade Apprentice Recruitment 2020 Post Date: 9 August 2020 Short
- 20 Successful Home Based Business Ideas in India 2020-2120 Successful Home Based Business Ideas in India 2020-21: Setting up a home based business
- Nabard Specialist Consultant Recruitment 2020Post Name: Nabard Specialist Consultant Recruitment 2020 Post Date: 7 August 2020 Short Details: National
- Indian Army TES Recruitment 2020Post Name: Indian Army TES Recruitment 2020 Post Date: 8 August 2020 Short Details: Bhartiya
- Bihar BPSC HOD Polytechnic College Job Recruitment 2020Name of Post: Bihar BPSC HOD Polytechnic College Recruitment Notification 2020 Post Date : 05