CLAT 2022 – Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam which is the conducting body of CLAT 2022 will conduct exam in the 4th week of May, 2022. There are total number of 21 NLUs which conducts CLAT exam on rotation basis. CLAT 2022 registration starts in the 2nd week of January, 2022 in online mode only. Read this complete article to know the complete details about CLAT 2022 exam including notification, exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card and result etc.
What is CLAT 2022?
CLAT 2022 (Common Law Admission Test) is a India Common Law Entrance Exam, which is conducted to provide admission for UG and PG law courses offered at 21 NLUs and other private colleges and universities. There are around 2500 undergraduate and 720 postgraduate seats which are offered by the 21 NLUs and 53 private universities also take admission through CLAT score. Now, There is a permanent CLAT conducting body “The Consortium of NLUs”.
About CLAT 2022
|Full Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|Conducting body||DSNLU, Visakhapatnam|
|Test Duration||2 Hours|
|Total Seats||Around 2500 for UG and 720 for postgraduate (NLUs only)|
|Participating Institutes||21 NLUs and 53 private universities|
CLAT 2022 Exam Dates
|Issue of Notification||1st week of October, 2021|
|Start of online application Form||2nd week of January, 2022|
|Application form closes||3rd week of April, 2022|
|Issue of admit card||2nd week of May, 2022|
|CLAT 2022 exam||4th week of May, 2022|
|Provisional answer key||Last week of May, 2022|
|Final answer key||1st week of June, 2022|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of June, 2022|
|Start of counselling||2nd week of June, 2022|
CLAT 2022 Eligibility
Aspirants are advised to read CLAT 2022 eligibility criteria carefully before start filling CLAT Application Form, The CLAT eligibility is divided into two parts Undergraduate and Postgraduate CLAT 2022 eligibility.
Note – There is no upper age limit for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
Eligibility Criteria – Undergraduates
- Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories candidates should have passed 12th grade with minimum 45% marks.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) category candidate should have passed 12th grade with minimum 40% marks.
- Candidates who are appearing in Class 12th are also eligible to apply for CLAT 2022 but they need to show evidence of their minimum qualified examination at the time of admission.
Eligibility Criteria – Postgraduates
- Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories candidate should be graduated (LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/any other equivalent exams) by scoring a minimum 55% marks.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) category candidate should be graduated (LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/any other equivalent exams) by scoring a minimum 50% marks.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for CLAT 2022 but they need to show evidence of the final result of qualifying examination within the given time-period.
CLAT 2022 Application Form
CLAT 2022 registration will start from 2nd week of January in online mode. CLAT 2022 Application Form will be released for both the UG and PG programmes at official website clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in. Candidates first need to register themselves through email id and mobile number. In the next step, The candidate has to login into the account using registered mobile number/ application number and password to fill the details and upload the required documents in the CLAT 2022 Application Form. The last step will be fee payment. The application fee for every category is different which is given below:
- Rs. 4000/- General, OBC, PWD/SAP
- Rs. 3500/- SC/ST
CLAT 2022 Syllabus
A syllabus is an important document about the course content, goals, and elements and a guide for students. This resource can help you a lot to know what you should read and what not. Candidates can read below the CLAT 2022 Syllabus for 5-year law programme and LLM programme.
CLAT UG Syllabus
- English including comprehension:
Comprehension passages and grammar, Understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc, Correction of grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
General awareness – Static general knowledge, Current affairs – knowledge of national and international current affairs.
Elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught upto 10th Class/Standard.
- Legal Aptitude:
Study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability, Legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning:
It includes logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
CLAT PG Syllabus
Most of the questions come from the topics Constitutional Law, Law of Torts, International Law, Jurisprudence, Intellectual Property Law, Law of Contracts, Criminal Law and etc in CLAT LLM question paper.
CLAT 2022 Preparation Tips
- If you are going to prepare for any exam, you need to be aware about the preparation tips that are very important for every student.
- First you need to aware about the exam syllabus and pattern.
- Always choose the best books which are recommended by the expert and previous year’s toppers.
- Make a study timetable that will lead you to the stairs of success.
- Revise as much as possible.
- Take mock test to be familiar with the exam schedule and timing.
- Solve previous year’s question papers to get better marks in exam.
- Track you progress, always note down how much time you take in solving each question.
- Last but not least, Good health is as important as hard work. Eat good food, sleep well and play some sports.
Best books for CLAT 2022
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- English is Easy by Chetananand Singh
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
- Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
- Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2022
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- India Year Book
- Manorama Year Book
- Competition Success Review
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Universal’s CLAT Guide
- Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
- LexisNexis Butterworths
- Bare Acts of Indian Constitution
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Class 10th NCERT Textbook
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
If a candidate is going to appear for CLAT 2022 exam, He should be aware about the exam pattern, We summarize complete exam pattern of CLAT 2022 below take a look –
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Type of Questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Maximum Marks: 200
- Marking Scheme: +1 for each correct answer and -0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Section-wise questions and marks for UG law programmes
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|English including Comprehension||40||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50||50|
|Elementary Mathematics and Numerical Ability||20||20|
Section-wise questions and marks for PG law programmes
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
CLAT 2022 Admit Card
CLAT 2022 Admit Card will be released in the 2nd week of May 2022 in online mode. CLAT exam admit card can be downloaded by entering registration number and password. Candidate needs to check the mentioned information or details in hall ticket before downloading it, If any get any incorrect details immediately contact to the authority. Candidate needs to bring the one valid ID proof (Adhar Card, Pan Card, Driving Licence, Voter ID Card) along with admit card on D-day.
CLAT 2022 Answer Key
After the successful conduction of the examination, the answer key of CLAT 2022 will be available on the official website. A appeared candidate can calculate the marks by giving +1 marks for the correct answer and -0.25 marks for an incorrect answer. If a candidate found some doubt regarding their answer sheet, they can file the objection through available link on the official website.
CLAT 2022 Result
DSNLU Visakhapatnam will release the results of CLAT 2022 in the 2nd week of June, 2022 in online mode at official website (clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in). Appeared candidate can download CLAT score card by entering CLAT Registration Number / Application Number and Date of Birth. To qualify the CLAT 2022, candidate needs to obtain minimum exam qualifying marks.
CLAT 2022 Counselling
DSNLU, Visakhapatnam will start CLAT 2022 counselling and seat allotment process from 2nd week of June 2022 in online mode. Only qualified candidates can participate in the CLAT Counselling process. The Counselling of UG and PG programmes will be completed by the centralized online counselling conducted by the CLAT Office. Every candidate needs to register, participate in choice filling and locking process. Candidate also needs to pay counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 for taking participation in counselling.