CTO (Chief Technology Officer) Job Description, Salary, Qualification, Responsibilities
A chief technology officer (CTO) is an executive or technical officer who is responsible to manage Research and Development (R&D) and technology needs. The responsibilities and role of the CTO also depend on the company.
CTO Job Description
As we know who is CTO, The CTO who is responsible to manage R&D and technology needs. CTO works under the chief executive officer (CEO). He take decision for product department, technology department, and other departments. A chief technology officer (CTO) should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in technological development.
An entry-level Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with around 1 year of Job experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) 60 Lakh package per year. As per Glassdoor company given below the salary structure of CTO job –
CTO Salary In India
|TCS – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹890K – ₹959K|
|Capgemini – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹596K – ₹645K|
|Mindtree – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹658K – ₹719K|
|Flipkart – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹10,713K – ₹11,766K|
|Siemens – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹997K – ₹1,079K|
|Cybage Software – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹8,979K – ₹9,826K|
|ABC – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹8,784K – ₹9,558K|
|Reliance Communications – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹166K – ₹182K|
|Indian Air Force – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹1,815K – ₹1,991K|
|Zee Entertainment – Chief Technology Officer Salary||₹8,142K – ₹8,685K|
If you want to be a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) then you need to have a bachelor or master degree, atleast 8 years of experience, leadership quality and some other skills like:
- Network architecture
- Big data engineering
- Information security management
- Security engineering
- Web software development
Summary of CTO Qualification
- Bachlor or Masters degree in Computer Science (CS) or related field.
- 8 years working in a technological role.
- 5 years managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Team Lead Quality.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
A CTO should have some Job responsibility like:
- Should have a vision that how a technology can give benifits to the company.
- Should ensure all the technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for R&D.
- Create timeline for all the technology releases.
- Making all the executive decisions on the behalf of the company’s technological requirements.
- Acting as a mentor to all team members and team leaders.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivering of IT projects to market.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.