JEE Main 2022: JEE Main stands for Joint Entrance Examination Main. It is a well-known Engineering entrance exam. It is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) every year two times. It offers admission to applicants who want to apply in B.tech and B. Arch courses. Get brief information here such as JEE Main 2022 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Paper Pattern, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Counselling and Seats –
JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates:
For more details about the JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates & Schedule. Candidates can check here all details about the exam:
|Events||January session||April session|
|Online Form||1st Week of September 2021||2nd week of February 2022|
|Last Date Online Form||Last week of September 2021||1st Week of March 2022|
|Last Date Fee Payment||1st Week of October 2021||2nd week of March 2022|
|Admit Card||November 2021||3rd week of March 2022|
|Exam Date||1st Week of January 2022||1st Week of April 2022|
|Result||Last week of January 2022||Last week of April 2022|
JEE Main 2022 Application Form:
The JEE Main 2022 Application Form provided through the online mode from the official portal nta.ac.in. The application is provided in the first week of September, 2021 (tentative). Make sure for scanning the documents such as the photograph, SC/ST/SAP certificate (if applicable), signature, and domicile certificate (if applicable) before filling the application form. Also, submit the form on time otherwise it will be considered non-applicable. Thus, the last date will be September last week 2021 (tentative). Ensure for sending the application form via offline mode as online is the valid mode to send the form. There is no need to send the application form through an offline process.
- Paper 1 or 2 offline mode:
- General Category/OBC: boys- Rs. 1,000/-, and for SC/ST/PWD/All Girls: Rs. 500/-
- Paper 1 or 2 online mode:
- General Category/OBC: Rs. 500/-, and for SC/ST/PWD/All Girls: Rs. 250/-
- Paper 1 and 2 both offline mode:
- General Category/OBC: boys- Rs. 1,800/-, and for SC/ST/PWD/All Girls: Rs. 900/-
- Paper 1 and 2 both online mode:
- General Category/OBC: boys- Rs. 1,300/-, and for SC/ST/PWD/All Girls: Rs. 650/-
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates can check the below-given eligibility & criteria for the JEE Main exam. Here an applicant check JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
- For engineering and technology: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- For architecture and planning: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Year of appearance in qualifying examination: Students who have passed their class 12th exam in 2019 and 2021 or are appearing in class 12th examination or its equivalent exam in the year 2022 can apply for the entrance exam.
- Number of subjects in the qualifying examination: Applicants should have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12th or its equivalent to be eligible for JEE Main.
- No age restriction for JEE Main.
JEE Main Syllabus – Subject-wise
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Sets, relations and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Limit, continuity and differentiation
- Integral calculus
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Differential equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Physics and measurement
- Rotational motion
- Work, energy and power
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Laws of motion
- Oscillations and waves
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Current electricity
- Communication systems
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atoms and nuclei
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Experimental Skills
- Physical Chemistry
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- d- and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
JEE Main 2022 Admit Card:
Download the admit card using the online mode from the official website. There will be the availability of the admit card from the November month during the third week. There will not be the availability of the admit card via any of the modes such as e-mail or post. Make sure for carrying the admit card along with you during the time of examination as it is the mandatory document for the candidates. Also, avail with the documents such as Aadhar card/ Passport/ voter id/ Driving license.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern:
JEE Main 2022 is purely computer-based examination. Thus, it is done via online mode which is done in the English medium.
There are minor differences in the JEE Main paper 1 and paper 2.
- Common rule: 4 marks will be granted to the candidate for the correct answer, but any wrong answer will lead to a deduction of 1 mark.
JEE Main Paper 1 (for B.E., B.Tech):
- There will be a total of 90 questions, 30 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The paper will be of 3 hours.
- It will be an objective type question paper.
- Students can give the paper either via offline mode or online mode.
- Find below the table form For Paper I (B.E/B.Tech) Exam Pattern:
|Total||90 questions||360 marks|
JEE Main Paper 2 (for B. Arch, B. Planning):
- Paper will consist of two parts:
- Part 1- 30 questions from mathematics
- Part 2- 50 question from the Aptitude test
- And 2 question in drawing
- Only the drawing part will be subjective, but the rest of the paper will be objective type.
- The paper will be of 3 hours.
- The paper will be available in offline mode only.
JEE Main 2022 Result:
The final outcome of JEE Main 2022 will be announced in the month of April, 2022. The result needs to be acquired through the official portal. IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFTIs and others admission will be considered on the basis of JEE Main Rank. Candidate has to enter application number, date of birth and security pin.