NEET chapter-wise weightage and important topics 2020 – NEET exam standardizes the entrance examinations around the country for all professional courses. This exam was introduced to prevent private medical colleges and “deemed universities” from holding their own set of entrance exams and gearing up the rank of the candidates who do not have the competence of becoming a doctor. Also, NEET prevents the duplication of candidatures and do not interrupt with general reservation percentage and state quotas.
Since the exam is the combined medical entrance test the students need to do the best preparations right from the beginning. Every year many students invest their time in preparing for NEET exam and to do the best they need to know the accurate NEET syllabus.
NEET syllabus is divided into four: Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. In all the four subjects, there are 97 chapters that one must prepare to score well in the exam. Here we are to help you to prepare in the right way to get the best score with NEET chapter-wise weightage and important topics 2020.
Since the exam has a total of 97 subjects it is therefore very important to gain the right knowledge about NEET chapter-wise weightage and important topics for 2020 to be covered rank good in the exam. It is the most competitive exam with almost 13 lakh aspirants expected to apply in the coming year.
We did a deep study and research to analyse the important topics and weightage of each chapter in the examination. If you are preparing for NEET then you have already gone through the syllabus but are you aware of what to look into each chapter? Since the paper covers a wide topic it is very important to plan the right strategy and implement it accordingly. To achieve the goal, read the full information below and achieve the best score and good rank in the NEET 2020.
Basic Information About the Exam
- Pattern of Exam: Pen and Paper based
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Total number of Questions: 180
- Section: Physics- 45
- +4 for each right answer
- -1 for each wrong answer
- 0 marks for unattempted question
- Maximum Marks: 720
Distribution of Marks between class 11 and class 12 for NEET 2020
|No. of questions||Total Marks||No. of questions||Total Marks||No. of questions||Marks|
NEET Chapter-Wise Weightage and Important Topics 2020
NEET 2020 Important chapters in Physics
- There are 45 questions from Physics and the most important topic is Mechanics from class 11. Every year around 11-12 questions are asked from this topic.
- Another important topic in the list are Semiconductors, Heat and Thermodynamics, Law of Motion, Kinematics, Work Energy and Power, Rotational motion. All these topics hold good weightage and it is therefore important to practice on these topics thoroughly.
- From class 12, Modern Physics carries good weightage in the exam.
- On analysis of last year question papers, Current Electricity & Magnetism, Electrostatics & Optics hold good importance for NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Important Chapters in Chemistry
Chemistry holds good level with maximum questions from Organic and Physical Chemistry. It makes it important for all of you to start working on clearing your concepts as most of the questions are based on practical applications. Also, NEET 2020 is expected to have more questions from class XII than from class XI. Apart from this, the following is a list of the important topics that help you score well in the exam.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- S, P, D and F Block Elements
- Atomic structure
NEET 2020 Important Chapters in Biology
Biology with the maximum questions in the paper is the base of the exam. With the wide syllabus and multiple topics, it becomes a little bit difficult for students and candidates to cover every single topic. Among the vast list of topics here we have enlisted some of the most important chapters that will help you in covering maximum marks in the exam.
- The biology section is divided into Botany and Zoology with 45 questions from each. In Zoology, there is more weight age from the chapters of class XII with only 3 questions from chapters of class XI.
- Every year around 12-15 questions are asked from Ecology. The topic covers direct questions and helps students in scoring the best.
- Human Physiology and Plant Physiology are also important and around 20-25 questions are asked from both the topic together. To prepare these chapters for the exam it is important to clarify the concept as most of the questions are application based.
- Genetics and Evolution, another important topic for the exam. A thorough study of the topic helps the student in achieving a good score.
- Cell structure and function and some important topics from Biotechnology covers small part but are easy to understand thus marks high rank.
NEET 2020 chapter-wise weightage and important topics
Following is the list of important topics and their weightage in NEET 2020 examination. We prepared the list to help students to determine the time that one should invest in each unit while preparing for the exam.
The expected topic-wise weightage in NEET Syllabus 2020 has been given in the tables below for each section in detail.
NEET chapter-wise weightage and important topics 2020 – Physics
|NEET 2020 Important Chapters Weightage of Physics|
|Topic||Weightage (In Percentage)|
|Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation||7.3|
|Magnetism & Moving Charges||6.3|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||5.6|
|Work, Energy, and Power||5.2|
|Kinetic Theory & Thermal Properties of Matter||2.0|
NEET chapter-wise weightage and important topics 2020 – Chemistry
|NEET Important Chapters 2020 Weightage for Chemistry|
|Topic||Weightage (In Percentage)|
|Organic Chemistry – II||5.6|
|The d and f Block Elements||4.4|
|IUPAC & Isomerism||4.0|
|Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry||3.8|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||2.2|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||1.3|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||1.0|
NEET chapter-wise weightage and important topics 2020 – Biology
|Important Biology Topics Weightage for NEET 2020|
|Topic||Weightage (In Percentage)|
|Human Physiology Biological Classification Molecular Basis of Inheritance||12.0|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||8.2|
|The Animal Kingdom||7.0|
|Human Health and Diseases||4.3|
|Biotechnology: Principles and Processes||3.1|
|Microbes in Human Welfare||2.7|
|The Plant Kingdom||1.8|
|Strategies for Enhancement of Food Production||1.4|
Additional Tips to Help You Score the Best in NEET 2020
The above strategies give you an idea of how much time to invest in a topic, but it is important to note that the students preparing for the exam should not take a chance to omit any chapter from the NEET syllabus. Try to put more efforts in Mechanics (Physics), Organic Chemistry (Chemistry), and Ecology (Biology). These topics carry the maximum weightage in the exam and so are the most important.
So plan the right way and start from the one that can help you in scoring the most. Following the right tips and strategies help you in cracking the NEET 2020 in a single attempt. You can build confidence by practicing questions chapter wise in the Question Bank.
Stay connected with us to know the best books for preparation and to get the earliest notification about the forms, admit card and the date of commencement of the exam.
Learn the best tips of how to crack the exam in the first attempt in our next blogs.
Having any queries, feel free to clear your doubt. We would be happy to provide the best answers to your questions.